Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: teen, goodreads-authors, group-reads, read-in-2010, read-in-2012, worth-reading-again-and-again
Read on March 04, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

A graveyard is not normally a democracy, and yet death is the great democracy, and each of the dead had a voice, and an opinion as to whether the living child should be allowed to stay, and they were each determined to be heard, that night.

In 2010, this was the third Gaiman book I'd read. I enjoyed The Graveyard Book much more than Coraline or Odd and the Frost Giants. I have since tried other Neil Gaiman books and I would still say that I like it better than Neverwhere and Stardust because of it's simplicity. However, Stardust was quite the story - I still need to see the film that was made based on that book.

The setting for The Graveyard Book reminded me of Her Fearful Symmetry and in fact on second reading I noticed Neil Gaiman credits Audrey Niffenegger as a "graveyard guide" in the Acknowledgments. The Graveyard was chosen as a group read in the Horror Aficionados group for June 2010.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Graveyard Book.