Sandy's Reviews > Kisses from Hell

Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: i-own-it, 2011
Read in January, 2011

This book is five stories by five authors. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others in this "series". Alyson Noel's story saved it for me. Kelley Armstrong's was also good.

Sunshine by Richelle Mead ***
A story about a bunch of vampire teenagers. They are born vampires called Moroi. They aren't out of control monsters - those are Strigoi. Moroi can become Strigoi by draining a human of blood.
Eric is a player. His father wants him to find a girl and settle down to carry on the family line.
Rhea is engaged to a boy who is self-centered. She loves him, but is not in love with him.
Guess what happens?

Bring Me to Life by Alyson Noel *****
Loved it! The beginning especially is very reminiscent of Dracula. Dani gets excepted into a very exclusive art school which is in a fantastically creepy old house and not what it seems. Very compelling story.

Above by Kristin Cast **
This one was written like poetry. I don't like poetry. I didn't like the story either. It was about some weird fae or something, the ones Below and the Others Above. The best thing about this story was that it was really short.

Hunting Kat by Kelley Armstrong ****
I enjoyed this story. About a girl who is an experimental vampire running from the people who conducted the experiment.

Lilith by Francesca Lia Block **
I didn't really like this story about a strange boy and a succubus? who helps him escape his sad world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisses from Hell.

01/17/2011 page 85
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Brandi ;) (new) - added it

Brandi ;) The best thing about this story was that it was really short.

LMAO!
I have this book on my to read shelf and I've always figured I'd prob end up skipping the Kristen Cast story. Now that I know it is a poem I know I will def b skipping it. I'm not into poetry to much and especially not by Ms. Cast. Not a fan.
Great review :)

Sandy Haha. I hadn't read anything by her before. Don't think I will be running out to pick up any of her other books anytime soon.