Yz the Whyz's Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Sep 16, 10

bookshelves: lisa-kleypas, 2010-reads, owned-books-read
Read from September 10 to 12, 2010

My first Lisa Kleypas book, and I had some pretty high expectations considering that she is highly regarded by most of my GR friends. To my delight, they were quite right.

Mine Till Midnight was a quick, highly-readable, story. We get to meet the quirky, eccentric Hathaway family, lead by the highly-responsible Amelia. As she struggles to keep everybody in check, including a self-destructive brother, her path crosses with Cam Rohan. Cam, a man torn between two worlds, is enraptured by Amelia's charm, and even she is opposite to his path to freedom, he can't seem to stay away.

The chemistry between the two main characters is sizzling and powerful. Furthermore, the remaining Hathaway siblings are so well-drawn, I knew immediately, I would want to read their stories.

Sexy and tender, witty and fast-paced, Mine Till Midnight is a keeper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kate (BiblioWino) Glad to see you liked this one. The others are even better! :)

Yz the Whyz This was my first Lisa Kleypas' book.

Kate (BiblioWino) Awesome. I've only read the Hathaways series but I'm planning on reading some of her others soon. Suddenly You is on my Spell September list.

Yz the Whyz Based on this first book, I should really push her books higher in my TBR list.

I have the next Hathaway book, and I'm intrigued with Win and Merripen that I would love to know how their book turn out.

Kate (BiblioWino) Their story is great but Leo and Catherine's and Beatrice and Christopher's are the best IMO. Her writing gets better with each book. Mine Till Midnight was the first historical romance novel I ever bought and I've been hooked on the genre ever since.

Ally72 Yah! We have another person converted to Lisa Kleypas! Super review, Yz!!! By the way...Win and Merripen's book is one of my all time favorite romances...I think you will love it.

Yz the Whyz Ally wrote: "Yah! We have another person converted to Lisa Kleypas! Super review, Yz!!! By the way...Win and Merripen's book is one of my all time favorite romances...I think you will love it."

I'm definitely intrigued by their connection. Will definitely be bumping their book up my TBR pile.

Ally72 I loved Cam and Amelia's story, but I think a lot of people consider this maybe their least favorite of the series. If you liked this one, you will definitely be happy with the others. It will be fun to hear what you think when you get a chance to read the next one.

Yz the Whyz Ally wrote: "I loved Cam and Amelia's story, but I think a lot of people consider this maybe their least favorite of the series. If you liked this one, you will definitely be happy with the others. It will be..."

That's good news. That means I have more fun books to look forward to. : )

Beanbag Love Great review, Yz! You've got a lot of great books ahead of you if you're just starting on Kleypas. :D

message 11: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Yz wrote: "My first Lisa Kleypas book ..."

Yz the Whyz Dina wrote: "Yz wrote: "My first Lisa Kleypas book ..."

Gasp! That can't be right! Where have you been hiding, Yz? You're in for a big, big treat. (Most of) Kleypas' books are great. Happy reading! :)"

LOL...

Kleypas came out when I was in that interim period where I stopped reading fiction for almost three years. When I picked up reading again, I started off with PNR and is now just slowly picking up historicals and contemporaries.

Sandy Glad you liked it! It was my first (and only so far!)Kleypas book.

Ronyell Great review YZ!!! I just recently read this book and I really loved it!! This was my first Lisa Kleypas book too and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of her works!