CJ - Drop Dead Cute's Reviews > Spider Bones

Aug 28, 10

bookshelves: fiction, mystery
Read from August 25 to 28, 2010

To keep this short -

Tempe is back for her thirteenth book and I haven't been so intrigued about the victims for a very long time. It's a good thing to because this book is not full of Tempe's indecision about Ryan "leaving her" (although in my opinion, he gave her a chance to fight in the book before they break it off it is about the victims and their weaknesses that led to a chain reaction 40 years after Vietnam.

Soldiers dead in Vietnam, a body found in Canada and a drug ring in Hawaii all come together and for once, Tempe is only assaulted once.

Ryan is in this book but while there was a little bit of tension, both characters seemed muted. Tempe needs to forgive because again, in my opinion, part of it was her fault. She keeps Ryan just outside of her heart (I know, it sound pretty cheesy) and when she was presented with opportunities to show him that she loved him and was willing to fully be with him, she folded. On the other side, she is a stubborn lady and you gotta love her for that.

Katy was in this book as well as Lily and while I would have liked to see Lily more as a character instead of cause for concern. Katy was still a bit whiny and bratty but for the first part of the book she had a good reason to be. However, I hope this blog thing matures her a little bit.

Anyway, while dense in its medical explanations, this installment is one of the good ones in terms of plot. I just wish we could work on the Ryan/Brennan relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spider Bones.

08/27/2010 "hmmmm hmmm Ryan in Hawaii...please please please" 2 comments