Nina's Reviews > Viola in Reel Life

Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani

May 31, 10

When I read the lovely review that Luisa wrote, I immediately knew that this book was so right for me. I knew it would be a fun, cute and adorable book, filled with drama that teenagers can relate too. Luisa send me a copy of the book and I read it on my train rides to college and back home again. In three days I finished the book and it was everything I imagined it would be.

Viola is sent to live at Perfect Academy, a boarding school far away from home and friends, her parents are going to Afghanistan to make a documentary and they cannot take her with them. Viola is grumpy, doesn’t want to see the positive side of staying at PA at all, doesn’t want to get close to her three roommates and misses her friends and family a lot.

But when things changes during a breakfast in the morning and she realises she doesn’t want to be alone, her attitude changes. Viola was such a fun character, okay so in the beginning she was grumpy and not at all likeable, but during the chapters you really get to know her better.

I think a lot of teenagers can relate to Viola, or even one of her friends, especially the part about meeting your first love and how that makes you feel. I really enjoyed that part in the book, it was really fun described.
It was interesting to read that Viola’s hobby was filming. It made the story more fun, when a woman shows up on one the recording tapes Viola films she wants to find out who it was. I really liked this and made the story a little bit mysterious.

With a lovely pace, not to slow, but also not too fast, a cute plot, fun characters and a sweet cover I recommend this book who loves the above and adores chicklit.
A huge thank you to Luisa!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viola in Reel Life.

05/25/2010 page 55
05/27/2010 page 256
88.89% "Boardingschool drama! Me like. Review coming next week."
show 1 hidden update…