Leeanna's Reviews > Quidditch Through the Ages

May 23, 10

bookshelves: i-own
Read in May, 2010

Quidditch Through the Ages, by J. K. Rowling

The second reproduction of a Hogwarts book, "Quidditch Through the Ages" was written by J. K. Rowling for Britain's Comic Relief charity. A foreword by Albus Dumbledore introduces the book to wizards and Muggles alike, warning readers to be wary of any book jinxes from the Hogwarts librarian, Madam Pince.

This is probably my favorite sports book of all time, and I enjoy reading it each time I reread the Harry Potter series. There are several nice little touches that I appreciate, from a list of book borrowers (including Harry, Ron, and Hermione), to praise for the book from the Daily Prophet and Which Broomstick.

"Quidditch Through the Ages" is a quick, but complete overview of the wizard sport, and covers its formation, famous teams, famous moves and players, and even a list of the 10 most common fouls. But Rowling doesn't stop there, and also writes about the history of the broomstick as a form of wizard transportation, and even gives readers a quick rundown on famous broomstick companies. There's a lot packed into the 56 pages.

If you were ever curious about Quidditch, this is the book for you. Like its counterpart, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," "Quidditch Through the Ages" is cute, slim, and perfect for Harry lovers everywhere. I just wish more of Harry's schoolbooks were available!

4/5.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quidditch Through the Ages.