Lisa's Reviews > The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie

Dec 21, 07

Read in December, 2007

I went through different emotions while reading this book. The first time I picked it up I read a few pages and decided I wasn't in the mood to read it. This last time I picked it up I actually thought it was a different book, but read it anyway.

It's interesting the way Alexie writes, combining vulgarity with such a poetic voice. The first story made me want to put the book down again, but my brother convinced me to trudge on. The second story had a bit of what I assumed my brother loved about the book, that poetic voice that made the ugliness beautiful.

I liked the way this collection of short stories revolved around the same characters. Some stories were written in first person, others in third. I found a few of the stories to be tiresome and a few others very enjoyable. Mostly it made me feel a little sad and wonder if all Indians really are alcoholics. My brother promised a happy ending, but I din't find it to be happy exactly. It was more a kind of contendedness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven.