Unapologetic_Bookaholic's Reviews > Temperatures Rising

Jun 06, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: books-audible-audio, romance-contemporary, authors-new-to-me-2010
Read from May 23 to June 06, 2010 , read count: 1

I liked the narrator in this audio book. The characters Chantel and Scout were more entertaining, I think, than they would have been just reading them.

Scout is a contractor that is on a job located on a Polynesian island. Things keep getting stolen and eventually Scout has a conversation that he just wants to get lost a few days on the island, and if its with one of the local native girls, so be.

Chantel is part French, part Polynesian. She has an idea of how to get a new bridge built for her village. In all, with her looks,seducing Scout shouldn't be all that hard.

This is fluffy romance. Island theme has no real serious, heavy emotio. The H/h spar back and forth every two second, to build sexual tension. The style of writing of the author is what I am looking to be a fan of. I liked her characters and plot before and I am trying out all her books. This one was not a total miss, but won't be missed if you decide not to read it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temperatures Rising.

05/23/2010 page 0 "disc 1 of 5"
05/23/2010 page 0 "disc 2 of 5"
05/27/2010 page 0 "finished disc 3, starting disc 4 of 5"
06/06/2010 page 0 "finished"