Melody's Reviews > The Seven Sisters

May 23, 2010

bookshelves: ellen-s-recommendation
Recommended to Melody by: Ellen Sullivan
Read from April 21 to May 06, 2011

It's one of those books that make a nice little shiver run up your back and a tiny little squeeze of tears come out of your eyes when you finish. Don't know what the formula is to produce such an effect. I think it's at least one multi-faceted character, a little plot (doesn't have to be much - but I do require some plot) and some non-predictability. Yep. I think that might sum it up. And as for my reviews - I don't feel the need to report one bit of information about what the book's about. Just want to record my reaction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Sisters.

04/27/2011 page 14
4.0% "I see that I have mentioned Andrew three times already in this diary. I think that means that I shouldtry to give some account of him and of my marriage to him. I am not sure that I will be able to tell the truth. I am not sure if I know the truth. I will try not to whine and bleat too much."
05/01/2011 page 93
29.0% "I don't understand a world in which black men buy fizzy water in Sainsbury's without hesitating about the cost,, while I think I can't afford it. I suppose I could afford it, but I think I can't. Tap water is good enough for me. Nobody has died of it yet, as far as I know. Are they all B-movie actors, like Achilles, these mineral-water-drinking black men?"
07/23/2016 marked as: read