Christina's Reviews > Swanns verden 1

Swanns verden 1 by Marcel Proust

Feb 02, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, need-to-review, fiction, proust
Read from August 13, 2010 to February 02, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swanns verden 1.

08/14/2010 page 48
18.0% "The narrator is still lying in bed, thinking back on his childhood in Combray and how lonely he felt each night when he had to go to bed and wait all night before seeing his mother again ... and how much her kiss godnight meant - and how he missed it when Swann came to visit ..."
08/14/2010 page 69
26.0% "64-69: The famous Madeleine ..."
08/14/2010 page 95
36.0% "The church in Combray and the importance of the church tower. How the sight of a church tower just vaguely resembling this church tower can bring him back to childhood ..."
08/15/2010 page 136
52.0% "About the narrator's uncle and about reading (Bergotte)"
08/20/2010 page 186
71.0% "I like the parts with the old aunt living up in her room, having shut herself off from the world... And I'm impressed that even though the narrator hasn't gotten out of bed yet, it's still interesting and intriguing."
09/20/2010 page 222
85.0% "Walking trips, flowers, the longing for a country girl ... - very briefly about the death of aunt Leonie. First sight of Gilberte Swann."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Felice (new)

Felice I think about trying Proust quite a bit but I never have. Are you a fan? Would you recommend this novel?

Christina Felice, I'm not a fan per se but I've been intrigued by these books for many years and finally I took the plunge.
I took a look at your profile and it looks like you read a bit of everything so that counts positive regarding Proust, I think. If you don't mind reading a book where nothing much happens but a lot is still going on - then this could definitely be a book for you.
I find this one a hard one to recommend because ... well, it's Proust!