Angelika's Reviews > Hunting Ground

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Ground.

Quotes Angelika Liked

Patricia Briggs
“Women are the bloodthirsty sex," said Ric sadly. "We get the reputation, but it is only because the women stand behind us, and say, 'Kill it. Squish it.”

Patricia Briggs
“My grandfather would have loved to have met you," he told her huskily. "He would have called you 'She Moves Trees Out of His Path.' "

She looked lost, but his da laughed. He'd known the old man, too.

"He called me 'He Who Must Run into Trees,'" Charles explained, and in a spirit of honesty, a need for his mate to know who he was, he continued, "or sometimes 'Running Eagle.' "

" 'Running Eagle'?" Anna puzzled it over, frowning at him. "What's wrong with that?"

"Too stupid to fly," murmured his father with a little smile.”

Patricia Briggs
“If it would benefit you, I would kill every wolf here. But there are things that you need to do -- and interfering with that is not protecting, not in my book. The best way for me to protect you is to encourage you to be able to protect yourself.”

Patricia Briggs
“Charles looked at her thoughtfully. "People talk to you," he said. "That could be useful.”
tags: humor

Patricia Briggs
“To make great art, you had to expose your soul, and some things should be left safely in the dark.”

Patricia Briggs
“Charles could care less about shoes - and he suspected he wasn't alone among men in his feelings. Shoe, no shoe, he didn't care. Naked was good, though over the past couple of weeks he was beginning to think that dressed in his clothes was a decent second best.”

Patricia Briggs
“I would slay dragons for you,” he told her. “I suspect that finding an unoccupied bedroom will be easier.”

Patricia Briggs
“I don’t fool you, do I? Those others”—he waved a vague hand to indicate their
missing comrades—“they think I’m all that—but you know better, don’t you.”
“Know what?” she’d asked.
He leaned forward, smelling of beer and cigarettes. “You know I’m a fraud. I can
feel the beast inside me, screaming to get out. And if I loose it, it will pull me up to greatness despite myself.”
“So why not let it free?” She hadn’t been a werewolf then. The world had been a gentler place, the monsters safely in their closets, and she had been brave in her ignorance.
His eyes were old and weary, his voice slurring a bit. “Because then everyone would
see,” he told her.
“See what?”
“Me.”

Patricia Briggs
“my grandfather would have loved to have met you," Charles told her huskily. "He would have called you 'She Moves Trees Out of His Path.'"
She looked lost, but his da laughed. He'd know the old man, too.
"He called me 'He Who Must Run into Trees,'" Charles explained.”

Patricia Briggs
“His grandfather had often told him that he tried too hard to move trees when a wiser man would walk around them.”

Patricia Briggs
“The Elders were closer to the Maker of All Things and should be deferred to whenever they made their will known.”