Rachel Parker's Reviews > A Summer to Die

A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry

F_50x66
May 22, 10

Read in May, 2010

This book is of Meg and her journey through the ups and downs of her sister's illness. The story takes place in the Oregon countryside where Meg's father has relocated the family of four so he can finish writing his book. Molly is Meg's older sister and completely opposite. Molly is beautiful, popular, and outgoing. Meg on the other hand is still going through her awkward stage, but a very talented young girl. This story captures the real emotions of what Meg and her family is going through as they discover more about Molly's illness. It also captures the importance of friendships and that age doesn't have to define friendships. One of Meg's closest friend is an old man name Will who owns the home that her family is renting. They bond through photography and Meg truly finds out what makes a person beautiful.

I thought that even though this book is a really quick read it did a pretty good job of capturing the real emotions that everyone is going through. I could definitely picture the sibling rivalry between Meg and Molly. Lois Lowry descriptions were well thought out and I could picture what was happening on each page. Overall a pretty good book, though I don't know if I would read it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Summer to Die.