bookczuk's Reviews > Nutcase

Nutcase by Charlotte Hughes

May 22, 2010

bookshelves: abandoned-thru-no-fault-of-its-own, sometimes-fluff-is-good, set-in-the-south
Read in May, 2010

This was one of about a dozen books from about 4 different sources. When I hauled them home, I noticed that there were a couple I would actually read. I started this one yesterday, because everyone needs a light little diversionary book every once in a while. I'm not sure which of the places I got the book from.

Like other books I've occasionally had given to me, I noticed it had a little water damage on the bottom of the pages at the back. It's sort of a beach read, so I figured it had sat on a wet bathing suit or something at some point in its bookish life.

Well, as I came into the home stretch of the book, I kept smelling urine. I knew it wasn't coming from me, nor from my house. I took a careful sniff of the book, and yep... it's not water stains on the bottom of those pages.

After screeching "eeeewwwww" and dropping the book and scrubbing my hands, I now have two questions:

1. should I finish the book and

2. should I BookCross it? (It's currently unregistered)

(I decided no to both questions, and can live without finding out who is the arsonist, the dog pooper and if Ricky is a gang member or not. I can even live without finding out if Holly and Jay get back together, which I assume they will, but not before he's injured on the job and her life is also in danger.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nutcase.

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana No and No and GROSS!!!