Angela's Reviews > My Name Is Memory

My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares

Jun 11, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2010-books, favorites
Read from June 08 to 10, 2010

This book is incredible. This book begins with the premise that our souls are recycled, that reincarnation is real. Daniel is one of the few people (or should I say "souls") who remembers every life he has lived. In all of his lives, he searches for the soul of the woman he loves, Sophia. The book begins with Sophia, who is known in this current life as Lucy, and Daniel meeting. Of course, she doesn't remember him and thinks he's a lunatic. Dejected, he leaves and decides to wait a while before approaching her again. He then begins to tell the stories of all of his lives, starting in 541 AD. Fascinating stuff. Woven into his story is the story of Lucy, who through various experiences begins to believe in reincarnation herself.

This book is fantastic. I have to admit it made me start to wonder if reincarnation is real, and frankly, how romantic it would be to have someone search for you for a thousand years. Makes other love stories pale in comparison.

I do hope it is the first in a series, because if not, the ending leaves too many loose ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name Is Memory.

06/08/2010 page 112
34.57% "I am loving this book!"
06/10/2010 page 267