Laura's Reviews > Kissed by an Angel

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

May 22, 10

I read this one right after Marked, which probably explains why I liked it so much, because it is not so original after all, of course.
For me, the most interesting part of Kissed by an Angel was the swimmer-hero. My parents met at the swimming-pool, my husband and me love swimming, so this is not a surprise. I really liked the atmosphere of the pool in the book, how Tristan offers to teach Ivy to swim, how quite a few key events happened in this area of the school. This seems quite special to me. I wonder whether I will encounter this environment again in a book.
The story was terribly sad: I so longed for a mystical solution that would sort out things for Ivy and Tristan as in Vampire Diaries. The author is sensible, and does not provide: it makes for a better book, with the proper message: the living must go on with their lives. Still, it seems unlikely that a woman in love could have fallen in love again quite so soon. Never mind.
Another new touch was the new family Ivy acquired with her mum's remarriage, I enjoyed this and how it was embedded in the plot of the book.
It was surprising to learn that this book was first published so long ago, 1995. Dark romance is not such a recent fad, after all, although I do appreciate it is another kind of Gothic fiction.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissed by an Angel.