Julie's Reviews > Happy Ever After

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

Nov 09, 10

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2010
Read from November 02 to 03, 2010

“Happy Ever After” is the fourth and final installment in Nora Roberts’ Bride Quartet series. Mac is the photographer, Emma is the florist/decorator, Laurel is the baker and Parker is the details girl and the brains behind Vows. We’ve followed Mac, Emma and Laurel as they met and fell for the loves of their lives, and now it’s Parker’s turn.

I love Parker. She’s anal and organized and I wish I was more like her. She’s just so with it and on top of everything. Even when falling in love, she’s not all brain-mush. And her closet!!! I want her closet! *drools while daydreaming about closet* Parker is in charge. She’s ambitious, but she’s not ruthless about getting what she wants. She comes from a wealthy background but she’s not willing to simply use her name to reach her goals. Parker works hard. She has a huge heart and wants to give the world to those she loves. She needs to have more fun and see that life is more than being on the computer or the Blackberry 24/7. Her perfect mate needs to be someone who could help her with that. She needs someone like Malcolm.

Malcolm was once a big movie stunt-man until he was severely injured while working. He received a settlement and has moved away from L.A. and opened up a Garage. He and his mother are each other’s only family and Malcolm is willing to do anything to make his mama happy. Parker has been flirting with Malcolm throughout the series, but mostly to annoy her older and very protective brother Del. But things heat up in this book once Malcolm tells Parker that he is interested in her and is planning on pursuing her. Parker is at a bit of a loss. She doesn’t think she really has time for a relationship. But Malcolm is persistent. He is so good for Parker! She can be free and let loose around him. Simple lines like Parker saying “I like sex” just shows how perfect he is for her.

As in the other books, my most favorite part of Happy Ever After is the interaction between the characters and their friendship. The dialogue is fun and sweet. There are no villains. No horrible obstacles to overcome. No guns or bombs. It’s a simple love story with characters that capture you from book one and that you really want to see happy. It’s a happy, sugar-sweet read, and sometimes that’s just what you need.

I actually cried when I was finished this book. The idea that I would never visit these characters again in a new book made me sad. Then I remembered that this was a story in a book and that the beauty of books is that you can pick them up over and over again and re-visit those who stole your heart as many times as you want. And I will definitely re-read these books for years to come.

5+ stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Ever After.

11/03/2010 page 195
58.56% "This book makes me happy. Mal is so perfect for Parker. It's nice to see her ruffled up a little!" 2 comments

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Gretchen i think there is a pre- book coming out!?

Julie Gretchen wrote: "i think there is a pre- book coming out!?"

Really?! Hmm... Investigating may be required. lol