Sath's Reviews > Galaxy of Heroes

Galaxy of Heroes by Gus Flory

2056399
May 23, 10

bookshelves: science-fiction, reviewed, on-my-bookshelf, bought-new, first-reads
Read from May 22 to 23, 2010

I won this book on a goodreads giveaway; the first one I've won so far.
Fairly sure this is the author's first book, so I don't think I was expecting anything amazing. But I did actually quite like it. In fact, as soon as Captain Jace Spade put on his eye patch and lit up his cigar, I decided it was going to be a fun read!
There were a few parts where the writing came across a bit clumsy or unrefined, but I think thats understandable in a first book. However it didn't seem to matter so much, because the author had a great knack of story telling and adventure, and it all came through despite the slight roughness.
I liked the characters, I like how the heroism was tempered with self-preservation. I loved how Genie the cyborg struggled with her programming and fought for her own free will.
The battle and fight scenes were done really well I thought, I liked how we got a good visual description of things, and then everything was clarified through one of the character's own point of view. Because ashamadely I often struggle with battle scenes, because my visual imagination can't cope with it! But this was pretty easy to go along with.
All in all, a good read. 4 stars :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galaxy of Heroes.

05/22/2010 page 1
0.31% "Won a copy of this, and it arrived today. Looking forward to trying my first giveaway book :D"
show 3 hidden updates…