Laura's Reviews > Rumour Has It

Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell

May 21, 10

Rumor Has It is a fantastic, fun read. A “chick-lit” novel, this book is set in Roxborough, England. Tilly has had enough of her life in London, especially after her recent boyfriend has moved out. While visiting her friend Erin in Roxborough, Tilly reads an intriguing help wanted ad that is advertising for a “Girl Friday.” She impulsively interviews and takes the job.

Living in small town England, Tilly learns a lot about the people of her village. She also meets a wonderful handsome man named Jack Lucas. Rumors swirl around Jack, how he lost his one true love, and has since had about every girl in the town and beyond. Once Tilly gets to know Jack, the rumors don’t seem to match the man, and she tries to discover what is behind the rumors.

I loved this book. Beyond Tilly, all of the characters including her boss Max, his daughter Lou, Max’s ex-wife Kaye, and beyond were wonderful. They were great detailed “secondary” characters that I grew to love. I read the book as much to find out about them as I did about Tilly and Jack! My favorite books have wonderful characters beyond the main character, and Rumor Has It definitely fits into the category. I only wish I could read more about Roxborough and all of its citizens!

My only complaint about this book is that I wish there would have been more Tilly and Erin friendship moments . . . but it is a pretty small complaint. Overall this was a wonderful, fun read. I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rumour Has It.