Heather's Reviews > Toilet Training in Less Than a Day

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: parenting
Recommended for: Parents
Read from January 04 to March 26, 2011

I was a little skeptical, but the method outlined in this book really does work. My daughter was going to the potty all by herself at the end of one day. She did still have some accidents, but on the fourth day after potty training, she went an entire day without any accidents. There are a few things that I didn't care for: the authors suggest that you train your child in the kitchen (I kept all things potty in the bathroom, whenever I could); they also suggest that you use one of those little potty chairs with the removable pots (maybe if your child is afraid of the regular toilet, that's best, but I really didn't want to clean one of those out; my daughter used the potty chair twice and then, thankfully, wanted to use the big potty with a child seat--so, maybe have a child seat that fits on a regular toilet on hand, and hopefully you won't have the yucky job of cleaning out that little potty seat for long); and finally, they don't include hand washing in the potty routine they outline (but, you can easily teach your child to wash her hands after she flushes). Also, this book definitely smacks of the 60's/70's housewife era, but it's much more entertaining than offensive. Thank you to all the friends who recommended this book, and made my life so much easier!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toilet Training in Less Than a Day.