Slavena's Reviews > Whitney, My Love

Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught

Jun 14, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, best-romance-books
Recommended for: people who like emotional rollercoasters, spitfire heroines and obsesive determined heroes
Read in July, 2010

I am not surprised that people think this book is love it or hate it. I believe that for the most part Whitney gave as good as she got. I was actually frustrated with her the first part of the book because she didn’t want to give him a chance at being nice and in reality all things have limits, I was surprised that he will chase her with such determination, although I am glad he did. For her part I think that her fascination with her neighbor was cute while she was young but when she grew up I would have thought she wouldn’t care so much and rather show him that she has turned into beautiful lady and rub it in, not try to marry him regardless.
Both characters are likable to me, I do like books where the hero must strive to get what he wants and I like spitfire heroines and Whitney is all that and more, Clayton is everything you would like, handsome, rich and determined to have her at all costs. I went into speed-reading mode when he was supposedly already married another. I just couldn’t wait to find out and if for some reason he was married I was going to destroy the book then and there but I did get my HEA at the end and I was truly happy. There were a lot of obstacles and twists and the characters grew on me with each page. There was a lot of misunderstanding and refusal to confront Whitney or ask questions which is something that happens in real life between people, it was interesting to observe their reactions and resolve the issues. It’s a great unconventional love story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whitney, My Love.