Teresa B's Reviews > Tell No Lies

May 22, 10

bookshelves: mystery, legal-thriller, psychological-thriller
Recommended to Teresa by: FWA workshop
Read from May 20 to 23, 2010

This legal thriller is written masterfully in the way the author reveals snippets of information at precisely the proper time.

Julie Compton is a fabulous writer. She knows how to immediately grab the reader's interest, and her plot is revealed with great skill and pacing. Her attention to detail is complete, but never overwhelming.

She is also personable and generous with her time and encouragement for aspiring writers. I sincerely appreciate the insight and instruction she provided me in a workshop for writers; because of what I learned from her I read every book (and watch every show) with a different eye as I look for the authors' methods of revealing back story.

DISCLAIMER: I wish I could recommend this book; the author exercises great skill in telling her tale. However, I cannot recommend it due to explicit content and language. (Normally, whenever I encounter explicit text within a book I cease reading it. If I'd not been preparing for a workshop taught by the author I would not have finished it.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell No Lies.