Allysha Moulton's Reviews > The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes

The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Jun 11, 10

Read from May 20 to June 08, 2010

I have had this book for about 4 years now and I had yet to read it. I decided to finally read this book because I had read so many higher level books for my independent reading; I needed a break. This book was as cute as I thought it was going to be. Calvin is very intelligent and so is his stuffed tiger Hobbes. The way he talks and the things he does are not what a normal grade school kid would do. Like any other kid he hates school and dreams big. I enjoyed reading this book very much. I would recommend it to anyone, but only as a pleasure read. This book goes through the seasons at least twice, and Calvin always finds something cleaver to say or do according to the season. Also like any other kid, he messes with his parents as much as possible and tries to get away with anything and everything. This kid has a lot of ideas and is willing to do anything to make them happen. With the help of his trusty stuffed animal, there isn't anything they can't do.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes.

05/20/2010 page 1
0.39% "I love to read pleasure books every once in a while, already reading the first comic and it's as cute as I thought it would be."
05/26/2010 page 186
72.94% "This book started with the season winter and now has gone through spring, summer, fall and is now back in winter. This book is so cute from all his adventures and not to mention, he is a very intelectual little boy!"
06/08/2010 page 200
78.43% "The farther I get into this book, the more trouble Calvin gets in. I love it!"