Alma's Reviews > Rise of the Evening Star

Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull

May 20, 10

Read in May, 2010

OK, OK–so I read the second Fablehaven book. Though I like the premise--a preserve for endangered mythical creatures, and the characters--an obedient and timid but brave in the clutches big sister and a little brother who acts first and considers later, the plot felt pretty simple. Mostly it involves lots of fights with evil creatures. A point of interest–the author introduces in this book the prison for demons which is called Zzyzx. We’ve always known this name as a road in the middle of the desert along I-15 south of Las Vegas. Always thought it sounded like a place Dr. Seuss invented, but apparently the defunct town and the road have appeared in lots of places symbolizing a road to nowhere. I may read the other books in this series, but I’ll wait until I can get them from the library. (Right now all copies of all books by Brandon Mull in the Orem library are checked out with multiple holds pending.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of the Evening Star.