Lou's Reviews > Matilda

Matilda by Roald Dahl

May 20, 2010

bookshelves: classics, childrens, fantasy, january-2012-reading-list, read-to-my-son-8-2012-challenge, ya
Read from January 20 to March 24, 2012

This was a fun read, even though the movie Matilda is heavily engraved in my mind and there was no real surprises when reading it. It was fun even though the young lad I was reading it with kept falling asleep two pages in, and I felt to finish in one night.
This story could be used as a manual to parents on how to NOT raise your kids and to all the Trunchbottoms, on how to Not teach children.
All the Trunchbottoms watch out their next pupil might just be like Matilda or up the ante maybe the girl Drew Barrymore played in The Firestarter adaptation of Stephen Kings novel. It also highlights the joy and the value of having a good and kind teacher like that which Matilda successfully had. Last but not least the joy of reading Matilda displayed was a real billboard advertisement for the promotion of reading to young kids and left a lasting importance for many.
Truly a great writer who can be remembered as being in many readers bedtime stories.
There is a sort of hall of fame of gifted young girls that she joins alongside Firestarter girl and Swan from Swan song by Robert McCammon.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Also @ my webpage here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matilda.

01/24/2012 page 40
02/10/2012 page 200
83.0% 1 comment
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by B0nnie (new)

B0nnie and Carrie!
carrie

message 2: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou B0nnie wrote: "and Carrie!
"

I was going to add her due to the blood involved I didn't want to go that far lol.