Jennifer's Reviews > Whose Shoes?: A Shoe for Every Job

May 20, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: kids, picturebook, storytime
Read from May 04 to 06, 2010 , read count: 3

I liked Swinburne's full-color photographs that were used as illustrations - they were clear, mostly well-composed and had child-appeal. The book opens with a few brief statements about shoes and then moves into a guessing game for the second half of the book. With one exception, the guessing game was well constructed with context clues beyond the type of shoe apparent in the photos. The chef's shoes are a bit mystifying though and I just breezed right through that page, basically telling the kids (and parents) the answer without having them guess because there's just not enough there to figure it out. This worked fine for storytime, but not great; in the end I think it was a little boring and I probably won't use it again. It might also work as an easy reader for beginning readers since there's few words and a lot of repetition, but I'm not convinced this would be a high interest title for those kids even with the photographs.

Used for Shine Those Shoes Storytime - Terrific Ts and Preschool on 5/4/10 and Family on 5/6/10.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whose Shoes?.