Tim's Reviews > Twilight Eyes

Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

Jun 30, 10

Read from May 20 to June 08, 2010

Again an earlier Koontz, this one has a lot of the fun stuff Koontz has, such as clairvoyance (a different type of clairvoyance,; our hero sees both the "social" and the more gruesome aspects of...well, I'll let you read the part about the Goblins (again from some long-ago experiment gone bad; think of "Phantoms"), , a sort of sideways love story,a smattering of gore, suspense and, best of all in this work, the world of carnies and its patching together of misfits of all sorts (ALL sorts!) who accept each other and band together to...well, I'll let you read that part. Hey, let's not forget that ubiquitous dog-who's-smarter-than-the-humans! This one doesn't make his appearance till the last, oh, eighth of the book, but his significance becomes quickly obvious. Think I'm a-gonna name my next dog "Growler." Has a few surprises along the way, plus a satisfying denouement. Throw in a little H. P. Lovecraft, some science fiction and you get one I recommend strongly. Remember, "Watchers" remains the benchmark!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Eyes.