Crista's Reviews > Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

3194546
Jun 09, 10

bookshelves: 5-star, favorites, historical, reformed-rake, regency, series
Read in June, 2010

I can thank this book for a lost night of sleep, but I can also thank it for some HUGE reading entertainment!

Lady Calpurnia Hartwell "Callie" is not your typical heroine. She is officially "on the shelf", is described as plain and plump, and has no real hope of ever landing a husband. Callie decides that she's had enough of sitting and watching her life pass by and creates a list of things she wants to experience. All nine activities on her list are scandalous for a lady to engage in, but Callie seeks fun and aventure.

I loved this book! Callie has been pining over Gabriel St. John for years, and finally decides to do something about it! This book has many laugh out loud moments, but also has some heartbreakingly sad moments. This book may contain one of my favorite love scenes ever (the gambling hall scene for those who have read this book)! It is so riveting that I had to read parts of it over again (and turn up the air conditioning!)

A host of secondary characters are all screaming for their own books, and I hope for our sakes that they get them! This is an author to watch and I recommend this book highly!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Okay. I might have to read it this weekend!

Kelly Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Okay. I might have to read it this weekend!"

Danielle yes read it straight away. It will improve your weekend! Loved it.

Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch I've put it in My to-read list..
is it good?
It looks cinvincing though^^
I love books with rakes in it
heheheee

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter This book may contain one of my favorite love scenes ever (the gambling hall scene for those who have read this book)!

She writes fabulous love scenes, that's for sure, Crista! Great review!

Crista Thanks Baba! That gambling house scene.....ahh! I still think about it:)