Ella's Reviews > Baby Proof

Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

May 20, 2010

Read in May, 2010

This book realistically explores options for married couples.. to have babies right away, delay it or no babies. For me this is most personal book so far as for Giffin books wherein I could personally so relate. I am now in the position that we're pushing 5 years of childless wedded bliss. In fact it is a mutual decision. It has never been an issue for both of us. So when I saw the book on the bookstore when I went malling once, and read the excerpt at the back of the book with a catchy title, I bought the book and took me weeks to finally finished reading it. When I was wondering what happened with Claudia and Ben on the story specially on up to the pint that they got divorced, I was also thinking would that also happen with me (hopefully not). Claudia's fear of having a baby and motherhood is real, not being selfish but it was like " Am I really ready to be a mother or not?"
The book invites readers to think, reflect and also laughed with Claudia and Ben, her parents Vera (her eccentric mom) and her dad (sorry his name escaped me now, her sisters Daphne (who so wanted to have a baby) and Maura (having problem with Scott having affairs and thinking of seperating but in the end not), her BFF Jess who had an affair with very married Trey, who thought if she had baby with him she could keep him for good but in the end end up with Michael who happens to be Claudia's workmate whose boss is Richard who happens to head the PR department of the publishing house where Claudia worked and have sexy IMs with him and went to Lake Como later on but later realized it was not him she wants but Ben.
Your head might be spinning with this thoughts I shared with you but hey go to your fave local bookstore or library. While you are about to buy Heart of the Matter go buy BabyProof too!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby Proof.

Quotes Ella Liked

Emily Giffin
“You can't quantify love, and if you try, you can end up focusing on misleading factors. Stuff that really has more to do with personality-the fact that some people are simply more expressive or emotional or needy in a relationship. But beyond such smokescreens, the answer is there. Love is seldom-almost never-an even proposition.”
Emily Giffin, Baby Proof

Emily Giffin
“I miss him in so many ways, but right now I miss him in the way you always miss someone when you're single among a room full of couples.”
Emily Giffin, Baby Proof