Crista's Reviews > Texas Destiny

Texas Destiny by Lorraine Heath

May 19, 10

bookshelves: 5-star, favorites, series, tear-jerkers, western
Read in January, 2010

For anyone who is a romance novel nay sayer....lend them this book and it will make them eat their words!!!!

It's hard to top this one. It has all my favorite romance themes running throughout it (mail-order bride, tortured and scarred hero, feisty and sweet heroine, lots of time alone together, adventure, and loads of sexual tension). The remarkable thing about Texas Destiny is that it takes these well known themes and puts a new, fresh, and pure spin on them. I was reading this one long into the wee morning hours!

Dallas Leigh has sent for his mail order bride Amelia, but can't go and get her because he has broken his leg. He sends his brother Houstan in his place. Houstan is a little "rough around the edges". He wouldn't win any congeniality awards and he is quite disfigured in the face after a war accident.

Amelia is a *gem*. She is really a good person and sees Houstan for who he is and not what he looks like. It doesn't take long for a friendship to form between Houstan and Amelia. Friendship lends itself to something more and I found myself never wanting these two people to reach their destination.....Dallas Leigh the intended bridegroom!

This one will steal your heart.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Destiny.

message 1: by Quinn (new) - added it