Ai's Reviews > Travels in the Scriptorium

Travels in the Scriptorium by Paul Auster

May 23, 10

bookshelves: english-books, american-literature
Read from May 19 to 23, 2010

I think, this book is for Auster Geeks. This's not for a beginner but for Auster Master. There are some characters who have appeared in his previous novels(The New York Trilogy or The New York Trilogy or The New York Trilogy). Besides, "Travels in the Scriptorium" itself shortly appeared in "the Book of Illusions."In order to really enjoy this book, I realized you might need to read New York Trilogy first of all. I left this book unfinished for about a year; it's because I got this book as my very first Paul Auster experience, but I couldn't make it done at the half pages gone. (Right after closing on this book at the first time, I started to read "Music of the Chance", I felt so glad to realize that Auster wasn't a bad author, by the way.) Even now after completing book race of his novels, I still don't get it. I couldn't get even a slight sense of the core of its story which captivates reader's mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travels in the Scriptorium.

07/13/2009 page 15
07/15/2009 page 40
27.78% "umm..."
05/19/2010 page 38
26.39% "trying to finish this one, which is one of the unfinished books i have on the shelf..."