Donna's Reviews > Pray for Dawn

Pray for Dawn by Jocelynn Drake

Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, 2010-read
Read from May 28 to 30, 2010, read count: 1

The Dark Days series follows each book closely in it's time-line, because of this I recommend that a reader start with the first book in this series Nightwalker so you don't miss out on the terrific buildup that happens with each book.

Pray for Dawn takes up few months after the ending of Dawnbreaker and is told from Danaus's point of view. It was refreshing to see things through his eyes and get his take on what's been happening between him and Mira. Like the previous books, Pray for Dawn was full nonstop action and the mystery surrounding who Mira is or will be, has only been intensified.

There is one word that comes to mind when I think of this book, tension. There is so much tension and many tense moments that outcome makes you feel like you were snapped with a rubber band. Yeah, it's that surprising and intense. The ante was definitely raised in the overall story arc of this series and ending left me dying for next book Wait for Dusk.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pray for Dawn.

05/28/2010 page 47
12.81% "I'm thoroughly enjoying reading from Danaus's point of view!" 3 comments

Lillie Roberts Hi Donna!

I saw that you scored an E-ARC of Pray for Dawn, I think this is an awesome series, and I'm eagerly waiting for the fourth book in the series. The cover blurb was tantalizing!

Dottie :)

Donna Dottie wrote: "Hi Donna!

Dottie :)"

I can't believe I lucked out and won this. I have really enjoyed this series also. I need to put my thoughts down on this...