Sarah's Reviews > Dead Sexy

Dead Sexy by Tate Hallaway

May 19, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read in January, 2010

This is the second book in the Garnet Lacey series & continues the story from a few months after the last book ended. Now that Garnet & Sebastian have managed to avoid the Vatican witch hunters life should be back to normal but that all changes when an FBI agent turns up at the store to question Garnet. He wants to question her about the murders of 6 Vatican witch hunters the year before. Garnet panics and realising that she is the prime suspect she tries to hide her identity. The fact that the FBI agent is psychic doesn't help so she takes matters into her own hands by creating a love spell that she hopes will get him to listen to her side of the story.

She is still dating Sebastian but her jealousy issues are causing problems just like they did with her ex Parrish - she doesn't want him to feed from her but hates the fact that he has to feed from others to survive. It doesn't help that she is keeping secrets from him - he has no idea that Lilith killed the 6 Vatican witch hunters or that Parrish is currently hiding out in her basement. Throw in the fact that Garnet is coming across zombies at every turn and things are bound to get interesting.

I really loved the first book in this series but while I still enjoyed Dead Sexy I don't think it quite lived up to my expectations. This story wasn't as fast paced as the previous one and I don't feel that there was as much comedy this time. If you liked the first book then you'll probably still enjoy this one - it was still a cut above some other books I've read but I'm hoping that the third book will be even better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Sexy.