Charlesia's Reviews > Set-Apart Femininity: God's Sacred Intent for Every Young Woman

Set-Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy

Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: to-read, christian, i-own-it

Chapter 1

His sacred intent for you and for me is nothing short of absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ, entire separation from the pollution of the world and the ardent worship of our King with every breath we take.

Chapter 2

Christ said, "Whosever desires to come after ME, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me"(Mark 8:34) The word "deny" here literally translates: to forget one's self, lose sight of one's self and one's own interest. We are meant to let all thoughts of self become swallowed up in Him.

It is a tremendous freedom to get rid of all self-consideration and learn to care about only one thing- the relationship between Christ and ourselves.

In the hear of every young woman lies the intrinsic desire to be a found beautiful. But when we come to Jesus, we exchange our desires to be noticed and appreciated for the desire that He and He alone would shine gloriously through our beings, MAybe no one will ever notice us. But that makes no difference as long as they notice Him shining through us. WE can waste precious time and engery searching for something of worth and value in our own souls. Or we can join the ranks of historical set-apart women and declare, "less of me and more of Him!" That is when our souls will sparkle with the spectacular beauty of Jesus Christ.

To doubt His ability to forgive you is to question whether His sacrifice was really enough, whethere HE truly paid the penalty of sin once and for all.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Set-Apart Femininity.