Crista's Reviews > And Then He Kissed Her

And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke

May 19, 2010

bookshelves: 5-star, historical
Read in January, 2008

I can't think of the last time that I read a book that skipped all the action, villain plots, big misunderstandings, and just focused on good old-fashioned romance. And Then He Kissed Me did just that, and it was like water to my soul. It quenched a thirst I didn't know I get back to the basics.

This book is funny. Really funny. It had me laughing from the first page. The dialogue is witty, smart, and fast-paced. This is a quick and priceless read. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Emma is a great heroine. She is honest, forthright, and has self respect. She MAKES this book! I really liked her character. There was nothing superficial, manipulative, naive, or annoying about her. She was magnificent! Likewise, I also liked Harry. This is a cliche'd "confirmed bachelor", but he was also great and likeable. I loved how this author flawlessly and effortlessly moved their relationship from employer/secretary to publisher/writer to lovers, and I loved each phase of the progression.

This is a book I'll soon not forget. It is sweet, simple, and very very refreshing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then He Kissed Her.