Al_jessica Eaton's Reviews > Secrets of a Civil War Submarine: Solving the Mysteries of the H.L. Hunley

Secrets of a Civil War Submarine by Sally M. Walker

U 50x66
May 19, 10

bookshelves: info-bios

I was pleasantly surprised by how good this book was. When I first checked it out from the library I was disappointed with how the book looked and was organized. However, that started to change when I began reading it. The story and the history of this civil war submarine was completely fascinating. The fact that people were so willing to keep trying it out even though every voyage ended in disaster was astonishing. Parts of the book read like a narrative and you totally got caught up in the story, but then there were other parts that were more informational and fact based. Overall, I wish the text in this book had been chunked out a little differently because the long pages of text were a little overwhelming, but for the most part I enjoyed reading it and learning about something completely new to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of a Civil War Submarine.

529_Maggie Jessica! Ha- I thought the same thing about the book after checking it out from the library. As the saying goes- Never judge a book by its cover. I thought the book had parts that were over whelming with so much information- agree on the book being broken up into smaller parts, for a picture book.