Ginny's Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Oct 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, arc, shifters, books-i-m-pissed-at, cover-lovers, 2010-debut-author
Read in October, 2010

I've signed up for Holly's ARC tour, but got a copy of this book early! (SQUEE)

From Goodreads:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

I liked this book right from the beginning. It jumped right into action. The characters and their dynamics with each other was believable-especially Calla and Ren. They were believable as alphas. I got so caught up in the story that I am still questioning much of the happenings, just like Calla.
I am eagerly awaiting the sequel, but not liking that I have to wait a whole year for it!

One thing that did irritate me, and has been irritating me as of late: Why is it that the strong female leads in paranormal books are so wishy-washy when it comes to guys? The whole forbidden love and/or giving up the guy they have is really beginning to piss me off. Why can't the female be like BACK THE HECK OFF I'M WITH X! I mean really. okay. /end rant.

Anyway, I still loved this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.