Ruth's Reviews > She's No Princess

She's No Princess by Laura Lee Guhrke

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: butt-kickin-spitfire-heroine, historical-romance, series, regency-victorian
Read from March 27 to 28, 2011

This is just the sort of book this author does extremely well. It's not the most original plot (serious, intelligent man meets his match in feisty, passionate woman), but I could not put it down until I was done. The dialogue, the passion, involving previous characters from the series to just the right extent, was all done extremely well. I even love the choice of words - there's modern-day words in there, which I highly doubt would ever be used in this era, but they just work brilliantly.

Also, the sexy bits are really just that - smolderingly sexy, but they don't dominate, and they are used sparingly.

Ah! Every time I read one of these books I'm reminded why this author is one of my few auto-buys.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's No Princess.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shawna I really enjoyed this one! The heroine was funny and feisty and the hero stuffy yet sexy!

Ruth That is such a good way of putting it. I loved this whole series.

Shawna Have you read Scandal of the Year yet? It's wonderful and one of my favorite LLG reads.

Ruth No, it's waiting for me on my kindle though... I'm going to the beach next week (yeah! Sunshine and temps above 30!!) so I might just have a LLGfest.

Shawna That's awesome! Have fun at the beach! I'm jealous! :)

Lisa Kay Great review, Ruth. I agree with everything you said, still LLG is an auto-buy author for me too.

message 7: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl I really need to finish this series! I've got to read the last 2. Nice review.. it makes me want to get to this book!