Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Aug 22, 10

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, read-in-2010
Recommended for: fans of paranormal romance
Read on August 07, 2010, read count: 2

Usually when I'm reading a work of fiction, I am somewhat aware of the author's hand, the elements of plot, setting, and characterization, the themes involved.

Frost's story was so powerful it drew me in and kept me there, and I finished with a feeling that I loved the book but without the intellectual awareness of why I did.

It makes me want to immediately go back to page one and begin again. Yes, I can now reflect on the themes and plot, can rejoice in the author's skill, and appreciate what an escape this provided.

A favorite vignette is when a newly turned vampire is recovering from the bloodlust. She passes back the rest of her cup of blood to her host, explaining that any woman who turned down dessert for years can handle not polishing off the last bit.

I wish I owned this one, and it didn't have to go back to the library so soon.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Kiss of Darkness.

08/07/2010 page 2
1.0% "Disturbingly powerful."
08/22/2010 page 206
57.0% "This is the second time I'm reading this before it has to go back to the library, a first for me to love a book so much before acquiring a copy of my own."