Cheryl's Reviews > Mistress of the Night

Mistress of the Night by Charlotte Featherstone

Jun 03, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in May, 2010

Fabulous debut book by Charlotte Featherstone... 4 stars!!!

Tortured hero in need of saving... sign me up! The Earl of Hardcastle has a secret, and the secret is what keeps him from wanting to take a wife and have children. The problem is that he is falling for Madeline Brydges, who is desperately searching for a husband, and he doesn't want to see her in the arms of another man.

The good news is that Maddy loves rescuing people in need of saving, and she can tell that there is something the Earl is hiding, something so painful that he will push away those he loves in order to keep them from finding out his secret.

In the end desire wins out over pride and Blaine and Maddy find a beautiful happily ever after!

This story reminds me a little of the first book in the Bridgerton series, The Duke And I by Julia Quinn. Only this doesn't have the humor and has a LOT more steam than JQ writes! If you are able to get your hands on a copy of this Out Of Print book, then go ahead and read it! You won't be disappointed with Charlotte's signature style of combining a beautiful love story with sensual steam that is never tacky or over the top!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress of the Night.

05/24/2010 page 58
26.36% "Who doesn't love a tortured hero in need of saving? I'm enjoying this one! :)"
05/31/2010 page 220
100.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Sammy I've been wanting to read this. Let me know what you think.

Cheryl I will!

message 3: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Hey Cheryl, Just received this in the mail today. Looks like a short, easy read.

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Also looks like a HOT one as well, but then it's Charlotte! ;)

Cheryl It's great Amy... yes it's easy and short and of course HOT! Enjoy!