May's Reviews > Crazy For Love

Jun 26, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: mushy-romance-stuff
Read from June 25 to 26, 2010

I really thought the "guy who craves safe & normal meets girl who IS pretty normal but wrapped up in scandal that isn't really about her (but about her crazy fiancee)" plot was going to work for me...

In some ways it did, because I've never read a "bad" V.Dahl book! This one had plenty of funny moments, the plot wasn't entirely predictable, and I liked a lot of it. It's just... Things were just off.

I couldn't get past the media "frenzy" over her. I understand the fiancee who faked his death being newsworthy, but staking her out for months? Not getting it. Why would they all care? Why would people say she was a 'bridezilla' just because the media got involved? Neither of them were celebs, so why the feeding frenzy? Seriously - Richmond, VA? Not exactly LA with the "pappers" crawling all over... I just didn't buy it.

Then all the drama/mystery/oh nos surrounding the facts of the ex-fiancee were held in until the end (for dramatic effect?) except by the time it was revealed I didn't care.

Overall? This one just didn't work for me. Much as I like Victoria Dahl, this one just wasn't great for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy For Love.

06/25/2010 page 50
13.0% "I have no idea where this is going... kind of feel like I'm dropped into the middle of the story. Hmmm."