Renee's Reviews > Rasputin's Daughter

Rasputin's Daughter by Robert Alexander

419871
May 25, 10

Read from May 18 to 25, 2010

Rasputin was one odd fellow (as I think we all know) and I, like many, have been interested in the Romanovs and Rasputin for quite some time. So of course I found all the information in this book interesting, even if it is all only researched fiction. All the sexual deviance, the healing powers, the fish-eating, the secret Khlysty sect, the faith of the Romanov family, the infamous murder. And I completely forgot Rasputin had a family so it was a wonderful idea to tell the story from his daughter's POV, I think. She had a certain faith in him, but she questioned him a lot too, which kept the story from being biased.

I always thought Rasputin was gross and weird and deserved to be killed, but now I feel horrible for thinking that. He was weird and he certainly got carried away with his fame (as he admits), but he should have just been sent away from St. Petersburg/Petrograd, not murdered. The interesting tidbits kept the story rolling when it might have gotten a little boring and all in all, it's a pretty quick read. I'd definitely recommend Alexander's other novel as well, "The Kitchen Boy."

Find more book reviews at A Quick Red Fox.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rasputin's Daughter.