Penny's Reviews > The Mermaid Chair

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

May 14, 08

bookshelves: disappointing, reviewed-books
Read in November, 2005

Yeah, it just didn't do it for me. It totally rubbed me the wrong way. I found it irritating and all that jazz. Most novels about forbidden romance /finding one's self tick me off. Books about middle-aged women, gettin' it on with monks-in-training, tick me off too. So yeah, I am so glad I checked it out from the library and didn't actually buy it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mermaid Chair.

Christina How could you not like this book Penny?!

message 2: by Penny (last edited Apr 23, 2008 05:02PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Penny I totally thought I would love this book when I first picked it up. I mean this is the lady that wrote 'The Secret Life of Bees', how could I not love it, ya know?

Sorry if I sound harsh. I am only harsh/nasty because my kids are DRIVING ME UP THE WALL right now!!!

BTW, are you interested in adopting a cute curly haired toddler with a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality?

Christina Absolutely! I love your crazy kids!