Jayme's Reviews > Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats

Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Oct 03, 10

bookshelves: cookbooks, 2010, reference, vegan, america, 21st-century
Recommended for: cookie lovers
Read from May 17 to October 03, 2010, read count: reference

More awesome recipes from the Moskowitz/Romero team. I've tried about a dozen of the recipes and they're all perfect. Yesterday I made some Pumpkin Cookies to kick off Fall. Here's a picture to make you want them more:

The Tahini Lime cookies are my new favourite out of this book. So amazingly delicious:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Oh, upvote for the yummilicious photo! Excellent photography, excellent baking skills. It's a duofecta!

Jayme Thanks, Cindy!

message 3: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Hollyberry with a little adjustment they could be turned into homage to Munch's The Scream or possibly green alien cookies for Halloween.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy I totally see the alien face! Nice!

Jayme Alien cookies, awesome!

Lisa Vegan The only quibble I have with this book is that there's no graham flour in the graham crackers, and that was especially disappointing because all real graham crackers have honey, and some graham flour. Ah well. Isa Chandra Moskowitz is still amazing. I think all her other books got 5 stars from me. This one, I think, got 4, and only because the graham crackers aren't "real" - it is that flour that gives them their distinctive taste, not the honey.

message 7: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie I love this book...the carob cookies are my current favorite :)

Jayme I haven't tried the carob cookies or the crackers yet. I'm going to have to get "cracking"!

message 9: by Cassie (new) - added it