Mahyar's Reviews > His at Night

His at Night by Sherry Thomas

May 30, 2010

bookshelves: made-me-cry
Read from May 29 to 30, 2010

I’m totally awestruck. You’d be surprised of how funny, touching and captivating this book can be!

Reading His at Night was like having a fresh, brand new meal after eating the same food over and over again; it was very refreshing. A simple look, touch or kiss was more sizzling than a few pages of love-making in an erotic novel.

I’m officially a fan of Sherry Thomas now and I’ll read her other books as soon as possible.

Thank you, NU for encouraging me to read this wonderful book.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His at Night.

Quotes Mahyar Liked

Sherry Thomas
“What is withdrawal?"

"Let's see, since you know your scripture so well, was that Onan? Yes, that bugger. What he did."

"Spilling his seed on the floor?"

- Vere to Elissande”
Sherry Thomas, His at Night

05/28/2010 page 32
7.67% "So CUTE." 3 comments
05/29/2010 page 150
35.97% "Wow! This is good."
05/29/2010 page 150
35.97% "Wow! It's good. I LOVE it." 3 comments

new_user I plan to read this after Sookie, but I'm a big fan of the author. She's not too formal compared to some historical romance authors, I think. She has a subtle style though. It's not as splashy.

Mahyar I'm not a fan of historical romance, well, I can't be, because it'd be hard for me to read. But I've heard good things about this book and I wanna read it. :(

I bought the e-book, I'll see if I can read it.

new_user Give it a shot, Mahyar. I hope you like it. :)

Mahyar Books about England were always like nightmares for me(You remember Madness of Angels, right? LOL), but I'll give it a shot anyway.

new_user LOL. Don't worry, this one's definitely a romance. It's not as racy as the cover implies, but it's sexy in a quieter way. Be prepared for some flashbacks and bitter-sweetness.

message 6: by Mahyar (last edited May 27, 2010 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mahyar What!? "It's not as racy as the cover implies." No=/ That cover is the reason I'm reading this book. And how do you know all this if you haven't read it yet?

new_user LOL. Well, I know her style. I could be wrong though!

It's sexy. You can take my word for it. I like a high heat level too. ;) It's just not like other historical romances. She points out the real things in life that we find sexy instead of orchestrating this great big seduction. It's more human.

Mahyar Let's hope you're right or I'll be in hell for a week - again!

And I think it's my first historical romance read.

new_user LOL. I'll be watching your progress.

message 10: by new_user (last edited May 29, 2010 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! It's so true what you wrote: "A simple look, touch or kiss was more sizzling than a few pages of love-making in an erotic novel." That's totally Thomas. Hot enough to singe your fingers!

message 11: by Mahyar (last edited May 29, 2010 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mahyar I know^^

My favorite quote from the book:

"What is withdrawal?"

"Spilling his seed on the floor?"

"Yes," continued her husband, "it would be lovely if I could take you and spill my seed somewhere else. Not on the floor, mind you. But perhaps on your very soft belly. Perhaps even on your splendid breasts. and perhaps, if I'm in a really terrible mood, I'll make you swallow it."

Isn't it hilarious?

message 12: by new_user (last edited May 29, 2010 07:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user LOL! She can shock and titillate with the fewest, simplest words.

Alycia You've convinced me to read this one Mahyar. I have been considering a few books by Thomas. Great review.

Mahyar Thank you, Alycia. I hope you enjoy it!

message 15: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Great reviw Mahyar, I think I've got Thomas on my TBR,

message 16: by Mahyar (last edited May 30, 2010 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mahyar Thanks, Adrienne. You really should read this, it's so going to be on my top 10 favorites.