Jeff Erno's Reviews > Tony & Ryan

Tony & Ryan by Michele L. Montgomery

May 22, 10

bookshelves: gay-romance, gay-bdsm

Tony and Ryan are an endearing though unlikely couple. Tony’s a few years older than Ryan. He’s masculine and rugged, and a tad arrogant. Contrarily, Ryan is softer and far more sensitive. Ryan has a very big heart, and he appears almost a bit too naïve and trusting .

While vacationing in Napoli, Italy, Ryan is victimized by a group of American tourists. They target Ryan because he is gay, and they brutally beat him and leave him for dead. When Tony finds Ryan and realizes what has happened to him, he is riddled with guilt for not being there to protect his boy. Tony then is faced with the challenge of nursing Ryan back to health. Sadly it is more than just the boy’s body which is damaged; his spirit is broken as well.

Tony and Ryan is Montgomery’s first m/m publication. One would never suspect as much, though, based upon the quality of this short story. She packs a lot of emotion into fifty-five pages and delivers a powerful story which leaves the reader yearning for more. Romance, steamy erotica, suspense, violence, forgiveness, and retribution are all contained within these pages.

What I find most impressive about this author’s talent is her ability to portray gay male characters realistically. I related personally to Ryan and could literally feel his vulnerability. I understood the depth of his devotion to Tony, and in sappy sort of way I was even a tad jealous of him for having such a hunky, protective, and purely sexy hero for a boyfriend.

Tony seems larger-than-life to me. He’s everything a guy like Ryan could possibly dream of. He’s got the looks, the attitude, and the confidence. The dynamic that exists between this couple borders on D/s, yet the romance that is laced within the relationship seems to outweigh the significance of their Dom-sub roles. I’m dying to read more about them and to possibly see just how sexually dominating Tony can be.

Tony and Ryan is a wonderful story, and my only criticism is that it wasn’t enough! I’m certain that readers will agree. Once they meet this amazing couple, they’re going to want more…and soon!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tony & Ryan.