Sarah's Reviews > Somebody Everybody Listens To

Somebody Everybody Listens To by Suzanne Supplee

May 17, 10

Read in May, 2010

I need to read this author's Artichoke's Heart (on the current Abe Lincoln list), so I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed I had picked up this Advance Reading Copy at ALA Midwinter in January. It's a sweet, quiet read about a young lady who decides to make it big as a country singer.

Retta Lee Jones has always been a singer and guitar player, even though her money tends to go to her parents, instead of toward a trip to Nashville. But after high school graduation, she decides to risk everything and leave. And, like what you hear in stories, things don't quite work out, but then things do. The music business doesn't drop in her lap, but she makes friends and things start happening for her just because she stays true to herself.

The chapter headings are interesting, giving the reader little known info about country music stars and how they made it big.

Sweet, soft read for girls interested in American Idol, country music, or just a positive story where things end up okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somebody Everybody Listens To.