Julie's Reviews > Dark Side of the Moon

Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sep 06, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from August 28 to September 01, 2011

I liked this one. Rayvn and Susan are good. I liked the idea that Ravyn is a Were AND a Dark Hunter. His backstory, while tragic, wasn't nearly as tragic as some have been. But I still wanted to hug him to make him feel better.

I quite liked Susan. I liked how she reacted to the whole "there are undead things in the world" revelation. She didn't overly freak out but she did question her sanity. She uses humor as a defense mechanism and often times it made me giggle out loud.

There were quite a few twists via side stories and teases in this installment. The ‘I love him but I kinda want to smack him’ side story that features Nick, the ‘whoa dude’ side story that is Cael and his wife, the ‘he’s sort of a prick but I kinda dig him’ tease that is Savitar and the ‘OMG I can’t wait to read his book so I can finally understand what he truly encompasses’ tease that is Ash.

I hope that some of these side plot/teasers play out in future books because they were quite interesting. I feel a little more for Ash in each book and Nick...well, he got on my nerves a bit but I am very curious to see where the twist that came with his characters takes us.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Side of the Moon.

08/30/2011 page 261
77.0% "Tell me guys...does Nick get less annoying as the series continues. I get why he's so ticked, but whoa..." 8 comments

Colette Honestly? I don't remember him being that annoying so early on.

Julie Colette wrote: "Honestly? I don't remember him being that annoying so early on."

He just came back and is a little bit of a downer to say the least. He's trying to tell the other DH that Ash is trash and blah blah blah. It's not too bad, but it's just all sad and mad.

Colette Oh...he keeps that up...but just wait until you get to Ash's book. It's a doozy. Julie wrote: "Colette wrote: "Honestly? I don't remember him being that annoying so early on."

Julie Ash' book is a doozy with Nick too?! Holy cow. How on earth am I going to survive that book? lol

Colette I think Ash and Nick fight out in the book after Acheron..it's been so long since I read Acheron I can't remember. The book just drained me of energy in a good way. Still haven't been able to re-read it. So emotional. Julie wrote: "Ash' book is a doozy with Nick too?! Holy cow. How on earth am I going to survive that book? lol"

Julie I have heard that the first half is tough and you really can only read it once but that the second part is more the romantic part and that's the part you can re-read many many times.

Colette That's correct! She had to go through the first half though to get to the second half. I might have to re-read it now! Julie wrote: "I have heard that the first half is tough and you really can only read it once but that the second part is more the romantic part and that's the part you can re-read many many times."

Julie LOL Maybe you can re-read it when I get there and we can be each other's support. lol No rush though...I probably won't get to in until next year or even the year after...

Colette I'll re-read it w/you. I got Retribution for review, and still haven't gotten to it. You can tell she's at the end of the line now with stories. Julie wrote: "LOL Maybe you can re-read it when I get there and we can be each other's support. lol No rush though...I probably won't get to in until next year or even the year after..."

Julie Do you read any of her other series?

Colette Just her Dream Hunter series. I haven't gotten to her YA one, and haven't read her other one. Julie wrote: "Do you read any of her other series?"