Mary's Reviews > Tully

Tully by Paullina Simons

May 27, 10

Read from May 16 to 27, 2010

PS introduces us to Tully, someone who has you experiencing lots of mixed emotions. She is a dark character with many secrets and a past that she wants to move on from, but a loveless childhood filled with anguish, abandonment and abuse is difficult to deal with. Tully makes certain choices through her life which leaves you feeling frustrated, sympathetic and emotional throughout the book.

She meets Jennifer and Julie who become her closest friends and help to fill the void and provide an escape from an unhappy childhood. The many torturous dreams she experiences leaves Tully wanting to move on to a happy future. Along comes Robin who loves her unconditionally and wants nothing but for Tully to return his affections, and Jack who shares a connection with Tully through Jennifer. Tully is tormented with the past and struggles to leave it behind. A tragedy that strikes Tully to the core is something that changes her life and the path that she follows forever. The decisions and choices that she needs to make leave her tormented and emotionally drained.

PS has provided yet another book that I thought was enthralling and captivating. Her capability to make you feel that you are there within the storyline, and asking yourself "what would I have done" in certain situations is something that I really enjoyed.

I truly loved this book and PS is certainly one of my favourite authors!!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tully.

05/16/2010 page 39