Alexa's Reviews > Low Red Moon

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Jun 01, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, ya
Read from May 24 to 26, 2010

Low Red Moon is an addictive read, I gulped it down in one sitting, staying up way past my bedtime to find out what happened. It is deliciously creepy in that tales around the campfire, shivers down the spine, I'll just check the doors locked, kind of way.

It's also a love story and a gorgeous, heart stopping, swoonworthy one too. Avery and Ben have so much chemistry, and their scenes together are so hot, I'm surprised the book didn't combust. They do have one of those instant connections but it's tempered by the fact that Avery herself questions if it's real or not and doubts wonders whether she can really trust Ben.

I loved Avery, as a character she is strong, determined and independent. Of course, I loved her relationship with Ben but I also liked her relationship with her estranged Grandmother, Reene. It added another dimension to the book. As does Avery's connection to the forest, which is almost a character in itself. I'm really interested to see how that plays out.

The ending is nail biting. I was only one step ahead of Avery in working things out, which meant I was gripping the book mentally shouting out her not do this, or that, or for crying out loud RUN!

If you loved Shiver, Beautiful Creatures or were Team Jacob you're going to love Low Red Moon.

Nothing to do with the story but I adored the cover of the book. I hope they keep it and I loved the little drawings of trees on chapter pages and at the bottom of each page. It's so pretty and it makes it feel a little like the story has been transcribed from folklore, or maybe that's me being made fanciful by lack of sleep.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Low Red Moon.

05/24/2010 page 114
46.72% "Swooning!!!"
05/26/2010 page 256
100% "Alternating been deliciously creepy moments and deliciously swoon worthy moments. I adored this. The ending left me wanting more, which I am really hoping there will be, feels like a sequel should be coming. Anyone know if there is one?"