Kelli 's Reviews > The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

F 50x66
Jun 03, 10

bookshelves: children-teen, contemporary

This was a really fun book! I loved it! I had a hard time figuring out where it was going- I thought the culminating experience was going to be an event that actually happened halfway through. So then I couldn't figure out where it was going... :) I like those books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief Lord.

Frank I liked this one!

Kelli Good. I have read exactly one page. :) I look forward to the rest.

Frank Its get better and better and the ending is different or so I thought. It is like a good mystery story and it has some twists to it. I sort of figured where it was going from the beginning but he threw me some curves. I thought it was a fun read.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi You haven't read this one? I like her other stuff way better but this one was good too. The movie was not a good representation at all.

Frank I like her Dragon rider best of all but that is because I'm strange!!!!!

Kelli I haven't read either yet. Sigh. I'm very behind on my book reading. I have piles and piles still to read and no time to read them...

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi The Dragon Rider was my favorite too! :)

Frank Well it is nice to know I'm not totally strange.

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara I really enjoyed this book. I'm glad that you did too!

Frank I wish there were more like that on the market. Anyone know of any similar ones?

Frank Yes it keep the interest up and the characters were not that easy to figure out which made it nice.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Just don't watch the movie. It really didn't translate well on screen. Even though they followed the book fairly well. I wasn't impressed. We bought the movie before we had seen it because I loved the book. I was disappointed with how it was interpreted. Sigh...that's usually the case. The movie is almost never as good as the book.

Frank I have not seen the movie yet. Sounds like I shouldn't bother.

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Don't bother. Waste of 2 hours.

Frank Thanks I wont